Nothing makes a child feel better than your faith in them. And with the gift of a Michigan Education Savings Program (MESP) account, you can show them you know they’re going places. And that feeling lasts a lot longer than a toy will.
There are a lot of reasons for you to feel great about an MESP account:
- Pays for tuition, room & board, books, computers and more
- Funds can be used at eligible institutions throughout the U.S. and abroad
- 100% tax-free growth1
MESP is the ONLY direct-sold 529 plan that gives you state tax benefits.
You could reduce your taxable income up to $10,000 on your 2020 state tax return for contributions made by 12/31/20. Limitations apply.2
Plus it’s easy for friends and family to contribute to your child’s education:
Ugift is our new and improved service that makes it easy for friends and family to contribute:
- - Invite friends and family using email or social media like Facebook and Twitter
- - Receive a unique gift code dedicated to your account
- - Printable certificates for any occasion
- - Anyone can contribute electronically or by mail